Is there any greater flavor than lemon? I don’t think so, that’s why I am obsessed with this recipe for Mini Lemon Blackberry Loaf. It’s simple, it’s light and it’s delicious. I haven’t always been a fan of blackberries but in this recipe, they are to die for! It’s so good.
Lemon is one of those flavors that I find can be hit or miss. It’s either one of three things. It’s either – too sweet, too tart or just right. It’s hard to get that just right flavor for me as I’m really picky, and tend to like my lemon a bit on the sweet/sour side. They are an in-between of too sweet and too tart. Something I crave often too.
This loaf is so light and airy, It’s perfect to have with a cup of tea or coffee. It’s actually refreshing as I’ve had a few of these type of mini loaf cakes be too heavy and leave you feeling rather gross after eating them. This cake doesn’t do that. This is just the perfect amount of everything, which is why I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today.
Mini Loaf Needs:
- 4 mini loaf containers (3.5 x 5 inch)
- 2 lemons
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- zest of one whole lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 3 blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease your mini loaf trays.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sour cream, oil and zest and mix until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift your flour and baking powder together and slowly add to your wet ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until just combined. Add your lemon extract and mix again until just combined.
- Evenly pour batter into greased loaf trays and bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping with glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined.
Lemons are extremely rich in vitamin C. They are also full of antioxidants. Lemons also help maintain a healthy complexion and although this is a sweet dessert, I tell myself it’s half good, right? Sometimes we need to treat ourselves and if you are going to treat yourself to a lovely, light dessert this should be one you try. I promise it will be so worth it.