Not only are they full of delicious they are also pretty good for you, and you’d think kids would think “Yuck! Mushrooms” but my kids enjoyed these. These Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to please the whole family!
If you have made Stuffed Mushrooms you know there are SO many different ways to stuff them. For these, we decided to use three kinds of cheese and bacon! Who doesn’t love cheese and bacon? I think they are a hit alone or together and really make these mushrooms taste heavenly.
These stuffed mushrooms are a classic canape. Although you can make them in many different variations, this recipe is a great way to get kids to enjoy mushrooms who otherwise wouldn’t.
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup shredded marble cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Stem, wash, and pat dry your mushroom caps.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, stuff and line your caps ( you can also finely dice the stems and add too).
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until mushrooms are shiny and moist.
- Serve immediately or pre fill and cook later.
Before these, we hadn’t had stuffed mushrooms in a very long time. We have been trying to whip up different things to make my journey to losing all my baby weight a little easier, but I am so picky. These though were delicious and so worth it!