Now that we’re almost to the holidays which will be filled with delicious sweets and treats galore I’m trying to make sure our kids have many options for delicious but healthy snacks too. These Cauliflower Crackers are a delicious, easy snack that my kids LOVE and don’t even ask what’s in them!With these crackers, you can get as creative as you’d like with the ingredients, really. We put delicious yellow peppers in ours to give them some extra, and different flavor. They’d also really work well with these other veggies:
- Shredded Carrots
- Green, Red or Orange peppers
- Sweet Potato
Sending crackers to school with our kids is something we love to do. Especially when they are this good, the kids love dipping these in ranch but they can also take cheese cubes and make a little cheese and cracker snack with them or a DIY lunchable. They are crispy, delicious and work well with just about every type of dipping sauce you could think of.
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup garlic herb mozzarella shredded
- 1/3 cup cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup cup riced orange and yellow pepper
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400
2. Using a food processor or blender, combine cauliflower and peppers and pulse until it looks like grains of rice.
3. Empty onto a doubled piece of cheese cloth and gather ends to form a ball and twist out the excess water.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
5. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400 for 7 minutes, flip and bake another 7 on the other side.
7. Remove to a wire cooling rack and let cool completely.
7. Store in a cookie jar or in a sealed container in the fridge.
Did you know: Cauliflower is jam-packed with important vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, potassium and folate. Not only is it delicious but it’s great for you, and it is well-known for its anti-inflammatory effects. Cauliflower is also very low calorie wise and is only 25 calories per cup. Perfect for those looking to eat fewer calories, or if you would just like a delicious yummy snack without much guilt.
Cauliflower is a wonderful way to increase your veggie intake and it is also especially helpful for those who follow low-carb diets.If you are looking for a delicious snack to snack on during the day, or take to work/school these crackers are so good you’ll want to make them often!