Do you ever wish you could sit down with the kids for a nice meal and eat whatever they are eating and not have the waistline to show for it? Yeah, me too! That’s why with these delicious Carrot Tots you can do that! Guilt-free!These carrot tots are a delicious new take on the classic tater tot! Without the guilt of a starchy potato instead, use carrots! These crisp up just like tater tots and are full of delicious flavor! One vegetable my kids can agree on is carrots! They all love them with dip, and my oldest who is the pickiest id I’ve met since I was a kid, loves carrots. He loves carrot muffins and even thinks these are good enough to be added to our monthly meal plan! If you know him, you know this is huge as he doesn’t like anything that resembles a vegetable at all.
- 2 cups riced carrots
- 1/2 medium riced onion
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425
2. In a blender or food processor rice onion and carrots (skin on carrot).
3. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the rest of your ingredients.
4. Grab up about 1 1/2 tsp of mixture and form in your hands a tot.
5. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and continue until the mixture is done.
6. Bake for 7 minutes then flip and continue baking for another 7 mins.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for five mins on a wire rack.
8. Best to serve immediately as a side or a full on snack.
Did you know: Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Carrots are also rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. (source)
Not sure what you’d pair these delicious tots with? Here are a few things we like to have with our tots:
- Chicken strips/nuggets
- Popcorn chicken
- Oven roasted chicken breast
- Fish sticks
- Fish Fillets
- Hamburgers and/or cheeseburgers
- Hot dogs/veggie dogs
These are a delicious addition to any meal as a side, or snack on their own!